Home

Multiplayer Executable Error

UberSkull

I can no longer get multiplayer working. I've been playing for years and I recently upgraded some of my hardware and now have a dual core Intel processor. Before the upgrade I had a Pentium 4.

When I launch multiplayer the executable console comes up but gets an error message. The last thing it does is: "detecting cpu....Pentium IV".

So I assume the problem is the game thinks I still have a P4. I've tried uninstalling and clearing the registry files, but it still does the same thing. Single player works, just not multiplayer. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Okay I just d/led 1.04 and it does work. Only one problem now, 1.04 absolutely sucks for dueling. It's horrible compared to 1.02 lol. But I guess 1.02 isn't compatible with the new dual core cpu's, so I guess I will just pwn everyone in 1.04 now. Thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...

1.02 works fine just run it in compatibility mode

#1: Go to your jk2mp.exe

#2: Right click it and then click "properties" at the bottom

#3: Click the "Compatibility" tab

#4 Check the box that says "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select Windows 98 from the dropdown box.

#5: Click "Apply" and "Ok" and then try running JK2MP again and see if it works.

Archived