Home

Bothersome glitch

DarthSomething

There is a glitch I have encountered in both KOTOR games where, at certain areas, dialogue does not trigger. It just sort of skips or "fast forwards" until it gets to my dialogue options. Once this occurs, the problem persists until I reach a point of transition. There are usual "problem areas" where it occurs, so if I save and reload when I near one of these areas, then things go properly for awhile until another area where it happens again. This problem can unfortunately occur at random as well.

I'm thinking it's my computer and not the actual games, but my graphics and sound cars match recommended stats.

It recommends an AMD Athlon Processor 1001MHz, whereas I have an AMD Athlon Processor 1001MHz 1.00Ghz. I'm not sure if that's it though. I have heard of dialogue skipping bugs in game, but I'm not sure if that what this is.

Bottom line, is there ANY way to fix this, it's REALLY annoying.

(Before anyone asks, I do not have Vista).

There is a glitch I have encountered in both KOTOR games where, at certain areas, dialogue does not trigger. It just sort of skips or "fast forwards" until it gets to my dialogue options. Once this occurs, the problem persists until I reach a point of transition. There are usual "problem areas" where it occurs, so if I save and reload when I near one of these areas, then things go properly for awhile until another area where it happens again. This problem can unfortunately occur at random as well.

I always had that problem as well, and I don't believe its a PC problem. You see, I've changed my configuration many times since I got Kotor and on all of them this glitch showed up, but weren't frequent at all and easy to solve as you said. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I've encountered this before also. I think that in my case it usually happened after I'd try to hurry through the dialogue, then it would start skipping on it's own. Don't know for certain, though, what the cause was. Just figured I'd prompted it by cycling through too quickly.

It's happened to me too, only on KOTOR 1 and always on the PC, I managed to try and stop it (for a while) by letting it flow sometimes and it can stop skipping, (I missed the whole trial in Manaan and go sentanced to death -_-) so I tried rebooting the PC, it stopped it for a while.

Archived