Home

Setting an influence level as an availability script in dialog

Ferc Kast

I just finished making a new dialog for a certain NPC, but I want it only to be accessible at a certain influence. Is there an existing script that does this? If so, what would be the name & parameters (and whatever the other stuff in the availability script rows) that I need to point the dialog toward? Thanks in advance.

You can use the following scripts to evaluate influence values in dialogs:

c_influence_eq - returns TRUE if influence over NPC in P1 is equal to P2

c_influence_gt - returns TRUE if influence over NPC in P1 is greater than P2

c_influence_lt - returns TRUE if influence over NPC in P1 is less than P2

Set P1 to one of the following values:

0 Atton

1 BaoDur

2 Mand

3 g0t0

4 Handmaiden

5 hk47

6 Kreia

7 Mira

8 T3m4

9 VisasMarr

10 Hanharr

11 Disciple

Set P2 to the influence value to check against.

If you want to check if the influence is between two values, you can use the following script

c_influence_bet

Set P1 for the NPC using the values listed above. Set P2 for the lower end of influence, and P3 for the upper end.

That's actually 4 questions. :) Note I didn't list the whole conditional chains required to achieve the setting of variables which are often dependent on your influence levels.

• When Bao Dur trains to be a Jedi, he gets a local boolean (slot 35) set to true. You can check it if you have him initiate a dialog and use c_local_set, P1=35 (return true if Bao Dur has been given training). Note that unlike the other cases, Bao Dur uses a local variable not a global variable.
  • Atton uses a global variable called 000_Atton_ID_Reveal. When it is equal to 5, you can train him, which then changes the variable to 6. You can check this variable from any dialog using c_global_gt, P1=5, and String_Param=000_Atton_ID_Reveal (will return TRUE if Atton has been trained).
  • Handmaiden can be trained when a global variable 000_Kreia_Hand_Mom is either 2 or 3 and 000_Hand_Dad_Teach>0. When she is trained, 000_Kreia_Hand_Mom gets set to 4. You can check this using c_global_gt, P1=3, and String_Param=000_Kreia_Hand_Mom (will return TRUE if Handmaiden has been trained).
  • Disciple can be trained as a Jedi if the global variable 000_Disc_Padawan is 4. After he is trained it becomes 5. You can check this c_global_gt, P1=4 and String_Param=000_Disc_Padawan (will return TRUE if Disciple has been trained).

Actually, it was one question (if one had read between the lines). My real question was this: If I were to create a new ...into Jedi sequence for, oh say, Hanharr, I would have to make a global script for it for the dialog not to show up after he has been trained??

• 2 weeks later...

I was starting my first recruit mod the other day, (custom dialog, appearance, portrait, the works...); Howbeit, that when I added existing .wav files for the dialog's sound that there was no lip movement at all. So this makes me ponder the following question: Where do I define/access the lip's movement for the dialog? :blast5:

Archived