Home

problem with xbox saves in kse

JUSTNUKEIT

Whenever i open kse and i click on a plus sign next to a save, i get this eror message:

error:Could not read C:\Documents and Settings\--\Desktop\New Folder (4)\saves\167B195ADCEE\savenfo.res at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 921.

i emailed tk102, but he hasn't been able to help. This is what he said:

It looks like there is no savegame name in these

files. I don't have an Xbox so I don't know -- do

savegames have names that you can select or do just

choose them by number?

I don't know if that's the issue or not. But anyway,

if the field is missing, but even if I added it, the

Xbox dreaded SAVE_HEADER.sig will be out of sync and

give a corrupted save game message when you try to

load.

I don't know what to do next, i was wondering if anyone could help me.

• 1 year later...

This may help:

I have both the Xbox and PC versions of both games. I don't know if it makes a big difference but it is easier using KSE when you have the PC versions installed.

As fas a saves are concerned, I learned a few things about modifying Xbox saves without having a modded Xbox:

Never attempt to add items - it will corrupt the save when you try to load it.

If you are going to change the name of the character - it has to match the original in the number of spaces that it has. For example, Zeth Kor has eight spaces - seven letters and a space. You could change that name to Zim Fett because there are still the same number of spaces.

If you decide to add a feat, you have to remove a feat. I always count the number of feats that the original save has and make sure my modified one has the exact same number of feats. The same goes for force powers.

You can change all of your attributes and stats as you wish. Keep in mind that with TSL, if your CHAR and Persuade skill is too high, your alignment can sometimes flip your companions' alignment. You can also give yourself as many credits as you'd like to have. You can do the same with Components and Chemicals in TSL. You can also set your Good/Evil (Alignment) - 0 for Dark Mastery and 100 for Light Mastery.

These are just the rules I have to follow using an unmodded Xbox. Since I only bother with Xbox Live while playing the 360, I'll be soft modding my Xbox very soon.

Archived