Home

Maps never working when I make them...

diabloizzle

Get ready for an explination with lots of details and pictures...

I am just starting to play around with the Star Wars mod tools- I'm not interested in changing skins, sides, or weapons yet- i just want to edit some existing worlds so me and my friend can play with our custom maps. When I Go through the process of creating and editing a map- I can not run it. This is what I do:

1) Start munge from modtools>data>build

since i want to keep this easy, i only have conquest selected.

mungefirstph5.th.jpg

then i munge it and it all goes as it should.

2) I open zero editor from modtools>data_TST

Once it is open i open the world file (kamino1.wld) from modtools>assets>worlds>KAM>world1

zeroloadrv9.th.jpg

once open i select what i want to open with it-which would be only conquest.

zeroload2da5.th.jpg

so now i am in the zero editor with Kamino and i am ready to edit away!

3) I add another platform to the map that i can jump to with a jet trooper. It is well within all of the boundries. (it is an exact duplicate of the other platform-changed name)

zeroeditft7.th.jpg

so there is an added platform-there i can call it a new map.

4) I create some plans->i noticed that there were none and thought that maybe those were needed for battlefront to run

zeroedit2mz3.th.jpg

my understanding of the "plans" are that if anyone gets inside of that set area-they will move where it tells them to go-if they meet the paramaters. In this case it is a one way movement going to the right- i dont see any rules being broken here.

Also-in the bottom right- the "load plan file" button; does that mean that i can load kaminos original plan file as it is in the game? How come the objects,sky, water, nodes, etc come with the wld file but not the plans? Would that be a reason why my map is not working?

5)Time to save...I save it in modtools>data_TST>Worlds>TST>world1 as TST.wld

I then go into the TST build folder and run munge from there

as said in the documentation that comes with modtools- i leave all the setting how they are.

mungesecondci0.th.jpg

now this is where i THINK the problem might be.

after it finished "munge-ing" it comes up with the msgbox saying that i can run battlefront now. I look in my battlefront addon folder-and i see nothing there.(i know that my addon folder works though- i have the "just for fun" mod working inside)

i decide to run battlefront anyway and find that my map IS there.

battlefrontxw9.jpg

{{{*sidenote* there is also a map still showing up in battlefront that i have deleted. I was having the same problem-so i decided to play around with files and i put some files into the addon folder manualy. Now -when i deleted them- they will not dissapear.}}}

I double click on "Test World" to add the maps when i click launch- it loads the map. Right when the game SHOULD start- it crashes to the desktop with no error message.

if anyone has had the patients to read through this entire explination and click on all the links to my screen-shots- Do you have an answer? Thank you so much!!

~Diabloizzle

P.S. tell me if your confused on any part of this!

• 1 year later...

Okay, where do you have your addon folder. Because it should be in your gamedata folder. If it isn't that would explain why the file you deleted is still there. I tried to modify Coruscant and it ended up kind of weird like your Kamino map except that instead of crashing, everything just disappears and you fall into a never ending abyss of doom.

• 2 months later...

Archived