Home

Sith Academy prestige mod

Sir Vougalot

In the first game, as you all know, you can perform various tasks to earn prestige at the Sith Academy on Korriban with Uthar Wynn. However, you can only perform so many tasks before he deems you worthy to enter the tomb of Naga Sadow, while the rest of the quests you've undertaken seem to be in vain.

It is my desire to see a mod where, once Master Uthar tells you that you are ready and asks if you are ready to enter the tomb, should you tell him that you are not ready, you can tell him of your additional completed tasks and have them count as completed with the proper journal entries. Would this be possible?

It's not exactly answering your question, but I suppose you could set the trigger for the completion of the Prestige sidequests to occur once more/all of them have been completed.

Otherwise 1) there is really no point (story-wise, not counting gain in XP) to inform Uthar what you've done, & 2) there will likely need to be quite a number of tweaks to his dialogue file to achieve the effect you're looking for - if it's at all possible in the first place.

Hopefully someone who's messed around with his files can tell you more. Not a bad idea nonetheless.

Ok, I dug around a bit in KT. Go look in:

RIMs

-Modules

--korr_m35aa_s.rim

---Dialog

----kor35_utharwynn.dlg

I won't go into detail about dialog conditionals and scripts - the tutorials will do a better job at that - but you can see that everytime you report a successful sidequest, a script fires that 'gives you more prestige in Uthar's eyes'. This is probably done with a points system of some sort, ie smaller successes (like finding the weapons cache) give you fewer points, while bigger successes (giving Uthar Ajunta Pall's sword) give you more.

What you can do as a start is to make all successes fire the small points rewarded script: just find the correct one and replace all others. This should allow you to report more sidequests.

Once you're more advanced you can alter Uthar's 'assessment of your prestige' script: make him accept you as the victor only after you've completed and reported all your successes.

Yup, I think that's the way to go. Good luck! ;)

Archived