Home

Module Editor does not work

Seamhainn

Hello!

I downloaded the map for the Sandral Estates from Ted's site. Unfortunately if I want to open it with the KT Module Editor it does not open. What do I do wrong?

Thanks and take care

Seamhainn, just an FYI but I had to delete your post in the KT thread that was identical to this post. Posting the same question in multiple places is spam. No more ok? Sorry. -RH

No, I am sorry! My bad...

I've probably got the wrong end of the stick but you can't open the .map files with KOTOR Tool. All it does is shows you the map of the area so you can see where to put placeables, npcs etc.

--Stream

Yes, but that is what I'd like to do? I did I get something wrong here?

Once you've downloaded the map hurl into the maps folder in the main KOTOR Tool directory, open KOTOR Tool and find the .rim for the module and click extract for module editing, choose where to extract the files too, then you get asked which files you want to extract, as default the .git/.are etc and the doors and placeables are already checked, depending on what you want to do either uncheck placeables (if you're creating custom module) or select everything if you're editing and existing module.

I can't remember if you choose where to extract the files to before or after select which files to extract but that's the principle of it all anyway.

Now you get asked if you want to set the module editor to open the directory you extracted the files to next time you use it, hit yes and you're done.

Now press F1, Ctrl+O and then enter, after a few seconds the area will load.

--Stream

Archived