Home

Missing Models Vista64

bobbavet

Gday

Im new here, thanks to the forum I have been able to install XWA.

System stats:

Intel Core 2 Duo q6600 Processor

GeForce 8800GTs 325mb PCI-E Video Card

4gb DDR2 800 RAM

Windows Vista 64-bit Home Edition

Screen Resolution: 1900 x 1200

I have patched the game but my problem is there is no rendering of the models. I know their there as I can move up to them, or even crash into them. It is as if they are invisible. Also no rendering of lasers.

Has anyone had this prob and solved it?

I was hoping to install the XWA Upgrade stuff.

cheers

Bob

Found this post by Jarrstin to be usefull:

I've managed to fix the problem. According to Lucasarts' website, it says that for the Geforece FX series it suggests the following:

- Antialiasing=8X

- Anisotropic=8X

- Force MipMaps=Trilinear

- Conformant Texture Clamp=On

- Extension Limit=Off

Well since it is a Geforce card (though not an FX) I gave this a try but it didn't work. So I decided to play around with these and instead I set the first two to Application Controlled and set Force MipMaps to Bilinear and it worked!

• 1 year later...

I am a noob here so please excuse my stupidity.

I am running vista 64, nvidia 9600 GT, e6750, 4 gb ram, asus p5nd mobo.

Having been able to install xwing and tie fighter and play without 3d hardware enabled just fine. in enableing 3d hardware i am experiencing the same thing, nothing is seen but able to run into them, no lasers, and just a yellow dot for the HUD model.

I tried adjusting in the nvidia control panel the anti aliasing and such with no luck. though I didn't see a force minimaps option.

Help would be greatly appreciated. though i suppose i could live without it :(

Thanks so much.

X-Wing is working now with 3D but Tie Fighter is not (they haven't worked that one out yet).

To make things a bit clearer on that lengthy thread.

Find a post of Reimar's Nov 13 2009 9:59 am. At the end of the post there is a .zip file that has everything you need, with readme to explain how to work things.

Thanks again.

Archived