Home

Stuck undersea by the boat with Glottis.

Brenden

Hi, I'm new here, and I just found Grim Fandango again and I still love it after all these years. But now I'm stuck, I'm in year 3, and I'm under the sea at the worlds edge on a shipwreck with Glottis. I switched the conveyerbelt to go downwards, and now I cant get up again, I just get washed down again. There seem like there is nothing I can do.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Try to stay in the middle of the conveyor belt and keep running forward (press shift). As soon as you notice Manny's head glance at the control stick, press U.

Thanks, that worked, I'm not quite sure what to do next, but I guess I will find out pretty soon. :)

• 1 month later...

I've had this problem in descending too.

A "cheating" solution is to use the teleportation feature.

Press <Ctrl>+<G> and a text window should open; write in it "ea", like "exterior airlock", and Manuel will be placed in front of the lower door to the elevator.

I use the Grim Fandango launcher, which I think enables the "developement mode" which allows this cheats. In other words, if <Ctrl>+<G> doesn't make any window pop, you will have to activate the developer mode; that loader is one way to go.

• 4 months later...

The game doesn't work at all when I try and use that launcher. I've busted the crusher-thingies and then gone and dropped the chain on the other side, but when I try and go down the conveyor belt he keeps getting pushed back up. I also have it saved just before that so I reloaded the game so that I might switch the conveyor belt the other way and THEN go drop the chain, but I still can't get up that way either. Is there any other way to get into "development mode" or is it time to download a save file?

Archived