Home

Yet Another Dialog Bug

DarthJebus05

My beta tester for my modified Taris level, said he came across a dialog bug during Carth's first dialog. I used KT to edit it, since editing it after it's been extracted, it has [End Dialog] everywhere. In the KT editor, there were no [End Dialog]. So I saved it, went into the dlgeditor and the [End Dialog]'s are still there, even though they didn't appear in the KT editor.

I'm wondering, how do I removed these annoying [End Dialog] without re-writing the whole dialog file?

Thanks,

Jebus

Unfortunately by saving and not just extracting the DLG it creates a bunch of end dialogs that don't show up in KT's dialog editor (at least in my experience). But since extracted dialogs can't be edited (except for adding scripts, so far as I know), you might just have to re-write the whole dialog.

Which dialog are you editing? If there aren't too many orphaned nodes it might be redeemable.

Hmm, I forget which is the right one.

But with either, I'm seeing a ton of orphans. I'm not sure how salvageable that is, but I'm hardly an expert. I wonder if there is a connection with dialog links and these orphaned nodes? I'm thinking these nodes are the ones that link back to different points in the dialog, because those seem to be missing when I look at my unedited file in DLGeditor.

Have you gone through the file to see where these nodes might have come from? Try comparing them node by node in the two different editors.

Archived