Home

Weird thing happening at two mission briefings and an offer for two corrections

Forceboat

Hey there Linux and everyone,

There is something weird going on with the Jan mission briefings for Talay and Gromas. Apparently, you get the Moldy Crow loop sound mixed in, as well as wind with the one from Gromas. I think it has something to do with the fact that the words end_level and using +Briefing_____ for the next map name is what has caused this. Is there any way through the scripts to permanently fix this so you don't get those sounds anymore? It drives me nuts to hear the Moldy Crow's engines and wind while the woman is talking!! And I have two script fixes to offer, if anyone would like me to upload them. It is the df_cinematic 2 script, fixes it so you no longer get loaded into a black wall that you have to touch at the end of secbase before the Jan Talay mission screen; and the scene_outro script for Gromas. Apparently the way it was before, the second Gromas roff played twice, once and then came back to Kyle, you touched the ship and it played again. No longer. Now it points to df_cinematic 4 instead and it plays only once. If you would like it uploaded, let me know. Please, though, if anyone knows how to get rid of the sounds at those two mission screens, please say something!

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, you also get the sound of wind in the end credits thing as well, but that just may be because of where in the level the cutscene camera is, in this case, on the side of the base where the "laser beam" tram car is. Thought I would point that one out too.

Archived