Home

Floating point exception?!

XycaleTh

OK, so I've compiled the server-side code for Windows, and I go to run it on a dedicated server, and it's all fine. I do the same on Linux (using Fedora 8 x86 version), compile the code to get the .so file, and then run it on a dedicated server (in Linux of course) and it runs fine again...

I try running the same .so file on a different server, and when the server loads up, I get the error: Floating point exception.

I couldn't find this error anywhere, so I'm kind of stumped as to what could be causing the problem :s

It's a paid server, and it can also run the original server .so file (basejka) just fine, so I'm assuming it's something to do with some sort of poor coding on my behalf rather than a missing dependency. But at the moment, I'm not sure what type of 'poor coding' would cause this. I've had a case before where I'd get a segmentation fault error in Linux, which I know was caused by bad memory use somewhere in my code

This is due to a bad floating point value somewhere. Possibly Inf or NaN. Might want to do a little research on the web before asking here. It will give you a better idea at what FPU Exceptions are...

Try googling the exact error after the line / file

Archived