Home

How do you take screenshots?

Erronis

The keyboard listing says to press F12 to take a screenshot. I did that but can't find the file anywhere. I want to take a picture of some new ships I made for FOC but I can't get it working.

I'm sure there is a very simple solution, so if someone could help me out, I would be very grateful.

Edit: Come on people. I know some can answer my question. Two dozen people viewed this but no one takes the time to help out.

Edit 2: Okay, maybe I'm wasting my time. But I guess that's life.

• 2 months later...

To take a screenshot, hit the "Print Screen/System Rq" button located next to the scroll lock button. Once you hit that button, pause the game and open adobe photoshop(or equivalent program) and hit new. This should auto set the canvas size. Then go to edit and hit the paste option. This should help. It works for me when i do.

• 3 months later...

The best way to get screenshots for most games is the free program called FRAPS, it is a tiny download, and sets up a screenshot taker that you can set to use any key, i usue F 12 often unless that is a trigger key or a hot key for that particular game, and then i use / it takes any format if you buy it, otherwise it takes a bmp and you have to convert it using Photoshop or some other image program. It also takes videos.

Archived