Home

Frustrated

Still Lurking

:headbump I've sunk about 10 hours hunting for fixes and trying to get this game to run. This board is a mess. One of the stickied thread is 5 years outdated. Random threads with purported fixes only to consist of a link to another thread which also point to another one, and then you follow another reply only to get back to the thread you started at. The actual time I've invested may be up to 25 hrs if I included the wasted periods when the game played briefly only to crash again. I'm tired. :(

well, we do our best with the small crowd of fans that lurk this forum to keep a 10 year old adventure game alive that never became mainstream. If you really care, join the community and others won't have to suffer your fate.

You could start by actually telling us your problem in detail. Pretty much everyone's problem is always a little different, and these forums are not meant to be instruction manuals.

• 1 month later...

Feel your pain friend. I uncovered a copy of GF that was in hiding for over 6 years. I eagerly loaded it up in XP, switched to 98 mode are hit play game.... roll opening cut scene, which is brilliant in itself. Manny I missed you. End cut scene, CRASH..... oh no!

Well after a couple of hours and tweaking without success, I've realized that we have the parts to build an old machine. We even still have a copy of 98. WooHoo, Manny it won't be long fire up the Bone Wagon :-)

Archived