Home

Grim Fandango on Vista (32 bit)

teemccabe_81

I know how to use a computer, but I'm not a computer whiz. I've been reading about all these issues with Grim Fandango on Vista and I was wondering if there was a sure fire way to get GF to run on Vista now that this discussion has been going on for well over a year. About 6 years ago I borrowed the game and loved it. So now I would like to buy it, but I'm nervous after reading about the compatibility issues with Vista. Is there a certain version of this game that I can get that will make these issues easier to deal with? Also, I would assume my specs are good enough to run this game, but it seems people are having issues with this as well. If anyone responds to this please try and keep it in laymen's terms because like I said, I'm not a computer whiz! Thanks!

Also, I would assume my specs are good enough to run this game,

It's a different world with older games. For instance I tried play an old game called I-War that was originally built to work on a Voodoo videocard, but couldn't work at all on today's videocards that are now made by a different set of manufactures, so I had to muck around the internet and figure out how to get a emulator to work.

Believe it or not, some people now a days actually build retrogaming rigs to play these old games, so its not about having the best specs but the ones most compatible with the game. However for GF it's not that bad. Try working through this forum

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=180501

I'm sorry it's not that easy to follow, but just think of it as a learning experience. Try the steps mentioned in that thread, play around, and gives us your results on what you were able and not able to do.

Archived