Home

[TSL] A Super Skip Peragus?

Robondacob

I'm taking heavy influence from Lit Ridl's Super Skip Taris mod (which is why I named the thread title that). I would do this myself, but I have no clue about the global and booleans stuff he used (I looked at his source and tried to figure out if I could do it for Dantooine... didn't work out well). I just want to use this Skip Telos as a tool for skipping to my mods. I know that there is already a Skip Telos mod, but that doesn't give you all the items and influence, which I emotionally need.

Actually, yes. You get the items you always get (The armband for example) And some other stuff. You can also choose to get INF with both Kreia and Atton.

I was thinking of the wrong thing. I was thinking of Telos. God I'm dumb. I don't deserve to live.

Well....what you'd need to do is go through Telos completely, getting all the items, influence and experience that you can possibly get on Telos. Then you need to go into KSE, write down all of the stats and items that you have and then make a mod that reproduces them and puts you after Telos. Perhaps you could talk to the original maker of the "Skip Telos" mod to see if you could implement the changes over the top of his/her mod? It would be easier to have a starting platform, since they have already done the hard work, you'd just be putting some extra cherries on top.

Edit: Two more things. One; the author's name is obiwan3001. Two; according to the Filefront review:

Well, you don’t skip the whole planet of Telos, you just skip the Citadel Station part. You still do the Restoration Area and the Polar Region. The mod almost should be called skip Citadel Station. The author clearly states in the readme that you will not get any extra items when you use this mod, just the opportunity to skip through Citadel Station.

Are you talking about a mod that would allow you to skip the entire of Telos?

Well....what you'd need to do is go through Telos completely, getting all the items, influence and experience that you can possibly get on Telos. Then you need to go into KSE, write down all of the stats and items that you have and then make a mod that reproduces them and puts you after Telos. Perhaps you could talk to the original maker of the "Skip Telos" mod to see if you could implement the changes over the top of his/her mod? It would be easier to have a starting platform, since they have already done the hard work, you'd just be putting some extra cherries on top.

Edit: Two more things. One; the author's name is obiwan3001. Two; according to the Filefront review:

Are you talking about a mod that would allow you to skip the entire of Telos?

I checked this forum and this is where I got the inspiration from, so it was Lit Ridl's.

I understand that I need to go through the whole level. The only problem is that I don't completely understand the globals. The scripting should be basic, just tedious. The only thing I don't understand is how to make a character's dialog be affected by a script. For example: I want to make Lt. Grenn say Light Side Skip, Dar Side Skip, and Nuetral Skip and all that, but it's only dialog, no script. I hope I made sense.

Okay, I think I understand you. Here's an example:

If you wanted to skip through after having done a "Light sided" playthrough, what you'd need to do is get Chodo Habat's dialog and see what global is triggered when you finish the final quest (ie, the one that sends you down to the surface). Then you need to create a new dialog entry that triggers that same global. That way, when you talk to Chodo Habat, he'll say how kind you were in helping the Ithorians. Also, you'd need to change the global that makes the Czerka person (forget her name) hate you. And the global to make B-4D4 stand in the dock module.

The globals are basic. Its just a matter of finding out which ones change with the specific playthroughs (ie. Light side vs Dark side). There is no "neutral" playthrough. You should be able to find out which globals are changed through the different playthroughs - which will you make your task considerably easier. Then its just a matter of changing those globals with scripts.

Can you do this yourself? If you wanted to wait a couple of weeks, then I could probably do this for you. If you can manage it, good luck to you!

Thanks for the help. This was actually something that I wanted to try, but if it proved too hard I just put it as a request. By nuetral, I meant that it turns out to be even or as even as possible (if you catch my drift?). Some people like to use both light and dark powers. Of course, you can always beef up Charisma, but it's all the same.

I think I understand what you mean with the dialog thing. I guess this is going to be my first real mod attempt! I should probably have put this in Holowan not Mod requests but whatever.

What I was thinking with the experience was that you don't level up your character - all you do is look at the experience that you get through the whole of Telos and then use a script to give that to the PC after you use the skip. That way, you can choose what to level up.

I wish you smooth sailing, though knowing modding, it probably wont be.

What I was thinking with the experience was that you don't level up your character - all you do is look at the experience that you get through the whole of Telos and then use a script to give that to the PC after you use the skip. That way, you can choose what to level up.

I wish you smooth sailing, though knowing modding, it probably wont be.

Yeah that was what I was thinking too.

Hopefully this will take three weeks at the max, but I don't want to say anything yet. I'm going to start on it tomorrow. The biggest problem is that the computer that has Kotor Tool can't run TSL (it's Vista's fault), plus the computer that runs TSL can't run Kotor Tool. It might make this harder. :eekanime:

Archived