Home

Help in the arts of .utcs

TriggerGod

[/cheesytitle] :xp:

Ok, so, as some people know, I have a recruit Revan mod coming out. With Ferc's Generic Recruit Script, progress has leaped. Now, I need some help:

I have 2 utc's. One for before the recruit (normal, regular .utc) and 1 for the recruit. I want to know how to have only 1 going at a time. I'm getting confused on how to say this, so I'll make an example :D

Pre-Recruit = 0

Post Recruit = 1

I want the 0 utc to only be in effect until the point where I recruit him/her (I'm making more then 1 version), which will trigger the 1 utc when I recruit him/her.

Am I making sense? If so, then how would I do that?

Hmm.. didn't make myself too clear apparently -_-

Ok, heres teh idea:

When I enter the tomb on Korriban, Revan will be using his/her original utc. I'll then use the Talk - Fight - Talk and when I get to a certain point in dialog, will recruit, and replace original utc with the party utc. Is there a way to do that?

Hmm.. didn't make myself too clear apparently -_-

Ok, heres teh idea:

When I enter the tomb on Korriban, Revan will be using his/her original utc. I'll then use the Talk - Fight - Talk and when I get to a certain point in dialog, will recruit, and replace original utc with the party utc. Is there a way to do that?

Could you explain what you mean by "replace the original utc with the party utc"? If I understood that, I could probably answer if there's a way to do that. :D

Just follow my tutorial for the script, then, and you should be fine. But, I'll make it simplier for you. Do this in place of steps 2->4 in my little tutorial:

1. For P2 of script #1, put 8.
  2. For the StringParam, put the resref of p_revan01.utc.
  3. For the StringParam of script #2, put revan_fake.

Archived