Home

Artist Wanted for "Fractured Fairy Tale"

I thought of a Fractured Fairy Tale to write tonight, in several chapters, and since there are so many good artists on this forum, I'd like to send out the call for PM's! I would love it if the fairy tale were illustrated. The outline?

You all are probably very familiar with the story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. You also are probably very familiar with the Wicked Queen, obsessed with her own physical beauty, who had a magic mirror and tried to kill the female title character for being "the fairest one of all". Here's the story that didn't get told--not of the Wicked Queen, but the Queen's sister...

The Wicked Queen's sister, Snow White's step-aunt, is obsessed with power. She has her own magic mirror, which tells her "who holds the power over all." She also has a daughter, Snow White's stepcousin, who has been told by a soothsayer wizard that she will live out a magnificent destiny. The power-obsessed Queen, however, has two things against her: 1) she will cede her power when it comes time for her daughter to take the throne, and 2) she has nightmares of an approaching threat: war, more terrible than all others.

As for the stepcousin, she has a really long frickin' name which translates as "Exalted, Precious, Lovely, Kind, Compassionate, Blossoming, Clever, Passionate, Influential, Sweet Golden One." Needless to say, the stepcousin tries hard to live up to her name's reputation. She writes letters to Snow White, who has been mistreated by her own stepmother, and the stepcousin is sad. She tells the her power-obsessed Queen Mother about this, who says nothing more than "My sister's a fool. Snow White will outwit her; that's that."

Well, the stepcousin can't handle this, and she comes close to murder and treason in a fit of shock, for the kingdom is under a very firm hand...

That's just the beginning! Anyone interested in drawing it? Please PM me! ;)

Archived