Home

Cutscene problem for DFII

tombraider709

I just got a copy of Dark Froces II: Jedi Knight and the game itself works fine, and the cutscenes will run, but they have a strange problem where there's all these little black squares that crop up all over the place, and in an extended shot they disappear whenever a character moves against them.

For example, in the scene that opens the first Baron's Hed level, when it first cuts to Kyle and Jan looking at the city, it looks like it's nighttime. For, like, a split second. Then, as they start moving around, blue sky magically appears behind them. But only in little bits, and every bit the actors didn't move against remains black. It is like this for every cutscene in the game.

I have tried every trick I can think of to get rid of this problem (changing every custom setting for my nVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS card, decreasing my hardware acceleration, etc.) but nothing has made the slightest difference. I thought maybe I just got a corrupted disc, but I tried it on a friend's computer and it worked great, didn't have the black boxes at all. I don't see anyone else discussing this rather strange problem, so all I'm hoping for at this point are just suggestions of things I can try.

Archived