Home

Questions on gameplay

L Edward

At this point in time I would definitly consider myself a new player to galaxies. I did play when the game was first out all the way up until World of Warcraft was released. At which point I did switch games, but being a huge Star Wars fan I always felt like I was betraying something I had a deep love for.

When I was playing, I did have one claim to fame if it matters now. I did win the first Garva's Galactic Homeshow after the patch to move furniture up and down was released (purely because I had everything prepositioned in anticipation for that patch).

Now though I am in the process of building a new computer, complete with three monitor setup and a nice set of flight controls. This would lend well to returning to galaxies and if nothing else enjoying space flight.

So with that, now comes the questions. Most of these asked purely because I am currently serving in Iraq and cannot therefore find out for myself by simply trying the game.

1) Now that there are two toon slots per server, do the both share the 10 lot limit or do each get their own 10 lots? (I ask because I am interested in crafting and home decorating again)

2) Is multiboxing (playing more than one account at a time) worth it? I ask because I want to have a combat toon, a crafter toon, and an entertainer toon all on at once. Each to well, be the best at what I have them be and be able to see all aspects of the game. Not interested in grouping with myself, just want a toon ready to play the way I want to play that day. Some days you feel like killing things, other days you just want to hang out in a cantina and converse with fellow star wars fans.

3) For a combat toon, is medic a good pick? In WoW, I liked being a healer in a group, but could I solo outside of a group decently well too?

4) For space combat, is a joystick recommended (assuming a person really wants to get into it for dog fights) since I plan on using one anyways? Or is a keyboard and mouse a bit better in some aspects?

5) What are instances in galaxies? I remember the large multi-person areas in which groups were required in galaxies, but those were open areas and where heavily farmed. Are they similar to WoW instances as far as it is for you and your group only?

6) How is pvp now? Is it still an open free for all type style, or is it somewhat organized?

7) For crafters, are tailors/chefs a good pick? Part of me wants to go structures because I like the idea that I can build my own furniture and maintain a nicely laid out house. The other part of me though likes the idea of being a nice shop owner providing goods to the game in the form of clothing and food.

Those should be all my immediate questions. Sorry for sounding really noobish, but being within weeks (vs long months) of being home at my new computer has me excited about possibly rejoining the star wars community.

hey mate, yea the game is ever changing so, dont feel noobish hehe.

1) each toon gets 10 lots or is it 7? I'll have to log and check :)

2)I have 2 accounts, but that is because i lost one of the log in details, but with the 2 toons per server thing, i have a combat and trader in the same guild, so the other account (B/H and ent) is purely $14 i can afford to blow :)

3)I have never leveled a medic, they are a must in group PVP and Heroics, but i have little knowlege of a medics solo combat skills

4)I use a xbox 360 pad, works great for me

5)as you said, An instance is a special area where those inside are able to interact privately. Instances tend to feature difficult and unique content with special rewards, and require a group to complete

6)I dont do any PVP atm, my Jedi is set up for PVE really.

7) my trader is domestics, but I only use him to sell loot picked up by my 90 Jedi.

Other folks will have more info, but this link has detailed info on all aspects of the game :)... http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Thanks for the reply. Definitly helps me start my prep for coming back. The lots per toons will be nice. Thats one of the reasons why I want three accounts, besides having each aspect covered. I know when I did play I enjoyed crafting a lot. That and I want a nice shop, a house, and a crafting storage shed. That will leave the rest of the lots for permanent and temporary harvesters to provide the best quality goods I can make to my fellow Star Wars fans.

I like the idea that I will be wanted in a group and can experience content, so medic will probably be my main "combat" guy. The second toon on the account will probaby be a bounty hunter for a pvp/player hunter toon, because I think player bounties and that kind of interaction is actually pretty incredible.

The other two accounts will have an entertainer (I like the social aspect that that perticular profession caters too), and three crafters. Definitly going domestic goods and structures for two of them. I like the idea of being able to craft stuff to decorate houses with, foods to provide buffs to group members, and tailored goods for role players. After that might end up having my third crafter being an armorsmith because I think the profession could be fun.

Man, now I really cant wait till I am home again.

Archived