Home

Requesting conversion to K1

lonewolf_kai

I'd like to request the conversion of Ellderon's Greatsabre to K1. Currently its for K2 only, but, I'd like to see it in the first one. Also, can someone change it so that it isn't restricted to one hand only so that dual wielding is possible. also, if it is possible, can the two handed restriction also be changed for k2?

here is the link to it: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ellderons_Great_Sabers;51631

thanks for the help.

Alright, before I get too involved in this, you should contact the original author.

As long as there are no porting issues, the only problem I see is copying the changes to the K2 baseitems.2da and upcrystals.2da into the K1 versions of those files. And since the two version of the files are basically identical, it shouldn't be hard at all.

In fact, if you copy the files into the K1 override, then it probably will work, albeit with some possible issues with other items.

ahh, thanks for the dual wielding tip, i wasn't sure if that would work or not, but it makes perfect sense.

i'll try to get contact Ellderon, but i'm not sure i will be able to.

i'm using several mods already that change the baseitems.2da and upcrystals.2da files, so i'm not sure how that will affect them if i try to use the greatsabre mod too. is that something i will have to edit if i try?

• 3 weeks later...

i dunno, with my luck, i'd mess everything up.

so, is this something i could do myself then? my request that is? if so, any advice, pm, email, or otherwise? i'm not really looking to publish or anything. i just really liked the mod, but didnt see it for kotor1

okay, i've gotten in contact with ellderon, and he has given permission for the altering of his mod.

i tried just placing the files in the override folder for k1, but it didnt work. it just made a bunch of errors. i also looked at some of the tutorials on how to mod, and i definately cant do it. i really appreciate your doing this roberspierre.

would anyone else be interested in doing this? Robe said he will be unable to mod for awhile.

self edit: oh, uh. i didnt realize my last posting needed to be a merger/edit and didn't think it would be considered blatant bumping. sorry about that.

Uhh, dude.

Have you noticed the little something called the edit button?

merged the posts. However in the future lonewolf_kai please use the edit function. If you need to grab attention (not blatant bumping) then it's best to copy your existing post, delete it, then re-post it along with your edit. This techniques should ONLY be used for updates/progress/ etc... which in this particular case it was.

To everyone: using this technique for blatant bumping will not only get the post deleted/thread closed.. it will get you a free infraction. Please use it wisely. Abuse of the technique will result in it's removal as far as 'fair use/infraction' policy goes.:) - Cz

Archived