Home

PSP version of force unleashed is awesome

oliath

I have both the PS3 and PSP versions and aside from (ahem) flashy graphics and better physics and euphoria... the PSP version is actually better in my opinion.

The game play mechanics seem to work better.... force aiming is a bit more automated... you get a nice red glow around a target when an object you are holding with the force is going to lock onto them, which makes things a bit faster in battles. You also feel much more badass from the get go on the PSP version and i even dare to say that the quality of the story is better!

Ok so it follows the same story thread but the cut scenes are definiately a bit more in depth.

I have only done the first two levels so far, but i do think i enjoy it more on this system.

Hi

Well the cut scenes aren't just lower res versions ported straight to the PSP, they have been re-made entirely... so you get different angles some are longer and some are shorter. Different things happen too. I'm not sure why but i prefer how the story is presented in the PSP version.

You also feel more powerful because you start out with most of your powers already intact. Right from the start you can throw your sabre, do a force repulse, lightening etc... unlike the PS3 version i played where you had to unlock all these. There are still bits to unlock throughout the game, but at least you start out with awesome powers.

Don't get me wrong... the game is fun on the PS3 too, i just think its alot more impressive on the PSP in terms of context (graphics and physics aside).

The game was VERY over hyped and many people are disapointed as a result of that... whereas with the PSP i really wasn't expecting too much and its clearly been very well developed and pushes the system to its limits... which is great to see.

The only other game i have played that has impressed me this much on the PSP is God of War (and no i am not saying they are similar games... i only mean in terms of technical achivement).

I also have the iphone version of the game... which sucks.

Finally someone who expresses how they feel about the PSP version with such passion. Yeah, the PSP version is great, some of the powers in it that I have yet to see in the PS3/360 versions are so badass. Like the Sith Seekerand Maelstrom.

I do strongly disagree about the cutscenes and story part of what you said. I think the PS3/360 versions for the story and cutscenes are completely superior in every way to the Wii/PSP/PS2 version.

I don't know about gameplay though, I haven't played the PS3/360 versions of the game myself, but it looks awesome.

Graphics of the PS3/360 are obviously better.

Oh and I commend you for actually buying the iphone version, IF you can even call that a version.

Actually yes i have to admit i was a little over excited about the PSP cut scenes!

I think it comes down to the fact that i was watching them with headphones on which drew me into things alot more.

I replayed some of the PS3 ones last night when i got home and yes... they are FAR superior :D

I do enjoy some of the subtle differences though.

In the third mission where you land in the junkyard... in the PSP version it's raining as your ship comes in which is wonderfully atmospheric (with the headphones on).

I am pretty sure that in the PS3 version there is no rain.... would this be correct?

I am assuming both versions are made by totally seperate developers?

It would be interesting to know what the PSP version's brief was and if they were limited in any way in what they were allowed to do.

Not unlocked the Sith Seekerand Maelstrom yet but i can't wait!!

Actually yes i have to admit i was a little over excited about the PSP cut scenes!

I think it comes down to the fact that i was watching them with headphones on which drew me into things alot more.

I replayed some of the PS3 ones last night when i got home and yes... they are FAR superior :D

I do enjoy some of the subtle differences though.

In the third mission where you land in the junkyard... in the PSP version it's raining as your ship comes in which is wonderfully atmospheric (with the headphones on).

I am pretty sure that in the PS3 version there is no rain.... would this be correct?

I am assuming both versions are made by totally seperate developers?

It would be interesting to know what the PSP version's brief was and if they were limited in any way in what they were allowed to do.

Not unlocked the Sith Seekerand Maelstrom yet but i can't wait!!

The raining while landing in the junkyard of Raxus Prime was really awesome, I was wearing headphones as well and it really did draw me in. I just love those attention-drawing environments in games. I see what you mean about the different angles and views and stuff. I hope I can get a 360 soon(maybe Xmas) so I can experience the next-gen version as well.

And yeah, Sith Seeker and Maelstrom are BAD***! And use Sith Seeker from a distance for the coolest effect possible, especially when it's upgraded! I NEED TO PLAY but have too much homework...:(

Archived