Home

Do Damage Resistances Stack?

jamestl2

Say for example I pick up equip a Numbness System along with an Immortality Belt. Does that mean my bludgeoning / piercing / slashing resistances go up to 15 instead of increasing just by 10? Or am I wasting an implant slot here?

Or even considering similar scenarios, such as equipping a Heat Shielding Mark Overlay on my armor along with wearing a Thermal Shield Generator to increase heat immunity....

I'm not *completely* familiar with the d20 rules.

OK, Just so we're clear here, in the example I provided in my OP, my stats would be as follows:

Attack Modifier: -2

Constitution: +1

Damage Resistance:

Resist 10/- vs. Bludgeoning

Resist 10/- vs. Energy

Resist 10/- vs. Piercing

Resist 10/- vs. Slashing

Constitution: +2

Damage Resistance:

Resist 5/- vs. Bludgeoning

Resist 5/- vs. Piercing

Resist 5/- vs. Slashing

So my character's total active stats thanks to these two items would be:

Attack Modifier: -2

Constitution: +2

Damage Resistance:

Resist 10/- vs. Bludgeoning

Resist 10/- vs. Energy

Resist 10/- vs. Piercing

Resist 10/- vs. Slashing

....so essentially equipping a Numbness System would be a waste in this particular scenario.

If not, then what's the best way to know whether they're stacking or not?

This is most likely not the most efficient way, but one way would be to get into a fight with an NPC that does the damage type you wish to check, i.e. energy. Then, after a successful attack by that NPC, go to your Journal tab, select Messages, then the Feedback tab. There, it will say something along the lines of "(your name) resists xx points of damage". That will tell you exactly what your level of resistance is.

- Star Admiral

• 1 month later...

(Sorry if this is a little off topic)

Speaking of fighting NPC's, I'd like to alter my versions of both games so that "Good" and hostile jedi will spawn at certain points, like when I enter the first crystal cave. I found some script examples that involve spawning NPCs and defining them, however nothing mentions making them hostile.

Archived