Home

KoTOR I: Dooku lightsaber?

Sareth

• 2 weeks later...
I take it that's the hilt from oldflash's movie-style hilts mod? Not sure if there is another Dooku hilt mod around for K1, but you could swap that hilt over to one of the regular hilts easily enough so that it would use the regular length blade.

Would it still be limited to a red crystal? I'm asking because I also have movie sabers installed but I could never figure out how to switch saber colors between the hilts. For example, I wish Anakin's (ROTS) saber was blue rather than "Mantle of the Force" aqua and that Qui-Gon's (TPM) was green rather than "Heart of the Force" orange.

By default a custom hilt will use whatever colour that the hilt it was replaced with used. KOTOR works by assigning a hilt model to a specific colour crystal. Because the default hilts are all identical, you normally don't notice any change when you change colour crystals. However, if you're using custom hilts you'll see you get a different one with every colour crystal. You can hex edit the MDL to use a different texture, or (as Darth Payne suggested) put replacement blade textures in the Override folder, but if you do that everyone else in the game that uses the same hilt/colour will be affected. You'll really want to set it up as a new custom colour crystal so that only the party can use it.

Archived