Home

Adding Additional Colors

Star Admiral

If I were to add additional saber colors to TSL, what file do I have to edit? I've already created the color .tga already, and tested that it works by replacing an ingame color. Looking at other mods that do the same thing, it appears that I'll have to edit the mdx/mdl files. Am I off?

- Star Admiral

Ah, and how do I hex edit the hilt MDL? I can't seem to find a tutorial on what tools to use for the job.

BTW, once I get the color crystal into the game, how do I add additional icons for the crystal. The game has only so many built-in icons, so if I want to add my own without overwriting the existing ones, how would I do so?

Thanks!

- Star Admiral

All the steps are covered here and here (refer to Saber Tutorial.rtf).

Custom items use custom icons, based on their naming convention. For example, if your new crystal was w_sbrcrstl99 then the icon file for it would be iw_sbrcrstl_099.tga (which you would have to make). Just use an existing icon as a template - make any changes you like then save it out with the appropriate filename.

As far as hex editors go, there are a bunch of free ones. A Google search should turn up plenty. You can also use trial versions of editors like Hex Workshop, but you don't need anything that fancy to be honest.

Archived