Home

Creating A Planet Icon

HK-42

Hey,

Im having a problem creating a custom planet icon. This is what i have so far.

While trying to add a alpha channel on black(bad idea) it took away half the icon...so I undid this. Next I tried filling the areas red however the picture is to "boxy" and all I get is tiny dots of red. Finally I tried painting the areas with brush but kept overlapping the planet. Any easier ways to do this??

Thanks

It depends on what program you use. I've never been able to get on with Photoshop but I love PhotoImpact.

Anyways the easiest way I found was to make a circle selection and move it over the planet. If you still struggle I've done it for you - Here's the actual icon and here's the alpha channel in a separate file.

--Stream

It depends on what program you use. I've never been able to get on with Photoshop but I love PhotoImpact.

Anyways the easiest way I found was to make a circle selection and move it over the planet. If you still struggle I've done it for you - Here's the actual icon and here's the alpha channel in a separate file.

--Stream

Thanks it works Ill be sure to mention you in the readme if(when) I release this.

Archived