Home

Need help with .zip mods in XWA

Flyingphoenix

Likely, your browser was trying to be too friendly. They are ZIP-compressed archives, but your browser renamed them to *.zip when they are meant to be *.xmod files that are to be installed using the X-Wing Install System (XIS), which can be found on Defiant's site. (I hope you meant you downloaded something like additional ship models rather than missions.)

Likely, your browser was trying to be too friendly. They are ZIP-compressed archives, but your browser renamed them to *.zip when they are meant to be *.xmod files that are to be installed using the X-Wing Install System (XIS), which can be found on Defiant's site. (I hope you meant you downloaded something like additional ship models rather than missions.)

yah they are ships, and my browser did download them as *.zip not *.xmod.

and btw I got some clone wars ships that look pritty sweet!

You'll probably want to view the archive, and if it contains at least one *.opt file (meaning it's probably a ship mod), rename the archive to *.xmod and, as I said, install w/ XIS.

Ok I have XIS, and I have *.opt files in the arcives, but I have 3.

Ship.opt / Shipcockpit.opt / Shipexterior.opt

Do I install all or just one? If so what one?

Thanks for the help.

For some reasion I cant rename the files, I'm ysing windows XP would that creat a problem?

I can slect the *.zip fron the XIS, I can even tell the *.zip to be opened with XIS but it still wont install.

should I just redownload the files, if so how do I get thwm to download as *.xmod insted of *.zip?

Can you see the extension on the file? i.e. ****.zip

If not open My Computer and go to the Tools Menu > Folder options then select the view tab and make sure 'Hide extensions for known file types' is unchecked. Click apply and okay out of it.

Now should now be able to rename the file fully and also change the extension before and after downloading it. XP sets this as hidden by default so I'm guessing this may be the reason you can't rename the extension.

Archived