Home

TSL Kinrath Egg Glitch

Exar Maulus

If anyone here hasn't player the first KOTOR, after exploring the Crystal Cave you find the crystal cache at the end of the tunnels. There are Kinrath eggs which are you have the option of 'Bashing'. The act randomly grants you a Red Lightsaber crystal from a few of the eggs. I was disappointed when TSL's crystal cave featured Kinrath eggs, but bashing them had no effect at all.

Does anyone here have any interest in programming this simple option into KotOR II for me? I have neither the time nor the experience, but I feel that adding this content in the game would improve the status of my all-too-Jedi Lightsaber colors.

I could try and script in the alignment shift, although I think implementing the Random Loot System into the eggs is a little too much for me. Unless you'd like all the crystals in the eggs to be red or another color you want. (judging from your post on Team Gizka, you want red)

(Yes, I'm on TG Forums. Try and figure out who I am. :p)

TriggerGod, you're a follower of TSLRP also?

But back to the Kinrath Eggs, I replayed KOTOR again just to check, and there was actually no DS points given for the act but it did display the message: "These fragile eggs could easily be destroyed, snuffing out the innocent life within." So the alignment shift is unnecessary, but the obtainable crystals would make sense. Considering that the TSL Crystal cave never actually offered lightsaber color crystals, it would be nice to be able to obtain a few in an interesting new way. I like your idea of different crystal colors being offered.

Here's a thought. Maybe instead of random crystal distribution, you would program only specific eggs to have a randomly colored crystal. Is this possible for you? Also, I updated the topic on TG forums, if you wouldn't mind replying...

And if you are going to work on this, I'd love to talk to you about it, we could exchange ideas, or possibilities.:shades2:

TriggerGod, you're a follower of TSLRP also?

But back to the Kinrath Eggs, I replayed KOTOR again just to check, and there was actually no DS points given for the act but it did display the message: "These fragile eggs could easily be destroyed, snuffing out the innocent life within." So the alignment shift is unnecessary, but the obtainable crystals would make sense. Considering that the TSL Crystal cave never actually offered lightsaber color crystals, it would be nice to be able to obtain a few in an interesting new way. I like your idea of different crystal colors being offered.

Here's a thought. Maybe instead of random crystal distribution, you would program only specific eggs to have a randomly colored crystal. Is this possible for you? Also, I updated the topic on TG forums, if you wouldn't mind replying...

And if you are going to work on this, I'd love to talk to you about it, we could exchange ideas, or possibilities.:shades2:

I don't think that replying to a topic about a mod would go real well...

Anyways, what you are thinking of is exactly the same. The easiest way to do it for me would be to add a script to give a specific item when bashing an egg... but I just realized it would be sort of difficult, considering that each egg uses the same .dlg file, and when I would add a give item script (just like using the giveitem code in the console) to give you say a blue crystal, each egg would give you a blue crystal. So if I were to do this mod, I'd have to not only make each egg unique, but a dialog for each unique egg.

Or you could take the easier route and have each egg give one of each color crystal.

...Which is what I just tried to explain that I couldn't do. I'll try and make it extremely easy to understand:

There are about 5 eggs (if there aren't, lets just say there are...), each of them use the same placeable file, and, therefor, the same dialog file. If I added a script that give a crystal to one of the eggs when its bashed then all of the eggs give the same crystal. I use the script to spawn a red crystal on egg 1, the script runs on the dialog, and all the eggs will give that crystal.

Of course I could make several versions, one for each color, but it wouldn't make sense if each egg gave the same crystal.

Instead of giving an assortment of lightsaber crystals, you could use only the color red. Then you could program the Kinrath Eggs' script to have a yes/no possibility of receiving the crystal after you bashed an egg. From what I understand, all of the eggs rely on the same script, so would creating this kind of script make sense?

A simple way to use a random crystal giver for the crystal is to use the d10 function. There are ten color crystals in the game, so depending on the number output by this function, you could grant a different crystal. Bronze isn't used, so that makes nine color crystals for numbers 1-9. If the dice give 10, then nothing is received.

A sample code could be:

void main() {
  int nRandom = d10( 1 );
  switch( nRandom ) {
     case 1: { CreateItemOnObject( "u_l_colo_01", GetFirstPC() ); break; }
     case 2: { CreateItemOnObject( "u_l_colo_02", GetFirstPC() ); break; }
     case 10: { break; }
  }
}

Strictly speaking, you could drop case 10 and nothing bad would happen.

Just my 2 cents.

- Star Admiral

Archived