Home

Broken Workbench

LeatherValkyrie

Hello... I've done several searches to see if I could find an answer first. The workbench on the Ebonhawk has quit working, completely.With this save I haven't even left Dantooine yet. I run a few mods, but I'm not sure what file could possibly cripple the workbench on the ship. Because it seems, all other workbenches seem to work fine. The only modding I've done myself has been adding a couple of robes to a merchant's inventory on Kashyyyk.

Has anyone experienced this before? Or does anyone have any suggestions as where to look for the problem?

This probably belongs in the Troubleshooting forum I would think. Anyway, a starting point would be to list every mod you are using. Obviously any mod that alters the Ebon Hawk would be the primary suspect. Failing that, next on the list would be any Dantooine mods. Like I said, list them so we can see.

Incorrect, here is the best place for this. -RH

List:

Garrum and Tar'eelok Restoration - This restores two Twi'lek Jedi in the practice room, an apprentice and master who are practicing with swords. Oddly though, it also restores a refugee Hutt. I guess it could be suspect but it hasn't given me any trouble before.

Allronix's dialog pack - that restores and adds new dialog. I've used this for sometime without having any trouble however.

Enhanced Merchants - Adds a number of high credit items throughout the stores in game. A good way to blow money...

Weapons of the Old Republic - I can only think of two changes on Dantooine with this mod, one that gives Juhani her own lightsaber, and one that gives the Mandolorian boss his own repeating blaster and changes the lightsabers he's carrying to have custom hilts.

Canderous' Mandolorian Items - Gives Canderous unique armor, helmet, and implant.

Finally, a mod that gives the Sith students on Korriban robes to wear instead of those uniforms, and adds a workbench in the Sith academy.

Edit: Oh, I forgot... Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I sort of assumed I would post here since it seems to be a mod induced problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is what I've discovered so far... I think it has to do something with the main Ebon Hawk module, because as soon as I hit the Unknown World, the bench started working again... Because when you arrive on the Unknown World, it uses a different module... you know, since all of your party members gather around the holo-communicator in the center of the ship.

Other workbenches still work, the ones from Taris, and the one on Dantooine. So, I went and downloaded the mod that lets T3 act as a workbench, since of course not having a work bench will not do... The interesting thing is that when on the Ebon Hawk, the dialog to start his work bench isn't there. But the moment I zone out of the Hawk, with T3 in my party his work bench functions as it should.

I don't know what any of this means though...

Archived