Home

Malwarebyte Anti-Malware Problem

HK-42

Hey Guys and Gals, having a problem with my virus scanner. I recently got a video that was supposedly a episode of a podcast series I missed, but when I tried to watch it with Windows Media Player it said I had to install DigitalHq, I had enough virus experience to suspect it but I decided with 3 virus scanners, one that has never failed me(Malwarebyte Anti-Malware) I decided to take the risk.

Instantly McAfee reported a trojan. And said it was removed, so fast I didnt catch the name, but I know it started with a G. Ive learned not to trust McAfee so I tried to start Malwarebyte Anti-Malware, however the first thing it seems the trojan did was disable MAM :( Now every time I try to start MAM I get Vista's message of: Malwarebyte Anti-Malware has stopped working, trying to find solution(it never does).

I tried reinstalling, changing the name of the folder and shortcut location, with no prevail.

Anyhelp?

PS: Im currently scanning with McAfee, but all so far it has managed to remove is part of my 3ds Max trial. :xp:

EDIT2: Seems I have Generic!Artemis. It has said 3 times it was "removed" but I doubt it. Still, MAM will not work.

Gals?!! Where??!! :p

Where did you download this video from!!

Many are reporting the MSRT fixes this... Give it a try ;)

MS Malicious Software Removal Tool

Others are also using MS online scanner/fixer which can be found HERE but I'd try the above first personally

The Artemis bug seems to latch onto a part of system files that cant be deleted, often in online services in program files(if you have that) or in the system restore files.

mtfbwya

Thanks Ill try it out. I think the virus is still there because I got 2 bluescreens yesterday and 1 today, so Im currently in safe mode.

Hopefully this will rid me of it.

EDIT: Everytime I try to download it I get page can not be displayed, I tried google and got links that led to the microsoft page, which gives me same results. If you have this can you upload it to rapidshare, etc?

Archived