Home

Changing the name of a certain class or creating a new one

Demongo

I saw a mod like this on KFiles(For Mandalore mod) and I'm plannig to either rename the Minion class to Bounty Hunter or(hopefully) create a new class called Bounty Hunter. The problem is, I have no clue how to start it or how to do it.:confused: I searched the tuts but I couldn't find any related to this. If that matters, this is for K1.

1. Know that you can't make a new Force-using class.

2. Embrace the awesomeness that is the TSL Patcher and all its utilities. Seriously.

3. Mess around with .2da files to get a feel on how to add lines/column.

4. Now use the Kotor Tool to track down all the .2da files you'll want, Classes.2da being the most important. These will be find under BIFs/2da.bif

5. In the Classes.2da file, add a line for your new class and start editing its properties. You can either use saves/skills/feats/whatever of an existing class or add columns to various .2da files.

6. Since this new class isn't one of the originals, use the GFF editor and manually punch in the number from classes.2da in the .utc file of the party member/monster you want to give the class to.

7. Now for naming it. You must edit the game's dialogue file from the main directory. I'd advise using TLKEd from the TSLPatcher. You can either mod existing unused dialogue reference lines and just punch in the values in Classes.2da OR create new ones.

8. If you wanna create new ones, I suggest you get yourself familiar some more with the TSLPatcher and its ChangeEdit tool.

I managed to create a new class in classes.2da, but you didn't really clarify what .2da should I edit. I don't want to make any new featgain/armor/attribute thingie for my class, I used existing ones. If I edited classes.2da, I should get it in-game?

1. We do agree that we're talking about a NPC or monster class, right?

2. You need the give the character the class using an editor that can manage data/lines that weren't in the original game. KGFF does that.

Open Kotor Tool. Go in BIFs/Templates/Blueprint, character.

Pick, say, Canderous. The file is p_cand.utc

Extract it and then open it with KGFF editor. Find the ClassList entry. Change the CLASS value (the first one) with the class' new number from classes.2da

You'll still have to deal with getting the name displayed, btw.

------------------

As for which .2da files to edit.

I was thinking of: acbonus, cls_atk_1-3, cls_st_whatever (saves), feat, featgain & skills.

Of course, the npc's .utc file is the most important. Still, modify those files and it becomes pretty to have a unique class for every npc that isn't a Jedi.

I mean, really, a Wookie should NOT have Uncanny Dodge, lol.

Okay I got it thanks:thmbup1:

And one more question. My class' number in classes.2da is 9. So will this script work, if I want to give myself this class?

void main()
{
           object me = GetFirstPC();          
           AddMultiClass(9, me);

}

(The script works if I write 8 instead of 9. It gives me the class Minion.)

Okay I got it thanks:thmbup1:

And one more question. My class' number in classes.2da is 9. So will this script work, if I want to give myself this class?

Actually, I seem to remember you can only multi-class once. Someone would have to confirm.

Seriously, though, you're better off editing the three starting classes and then giving non-Jedi NPCs another class. Just change the stats, dialogue entry and you're done, if you absolutely want a different class name.

EDIT: Also, there's the issue (sort of, can easily be fixed) of starting class checks.

Archived