Home

A lightsaber mod for Republic Commando?

Gamma097

yes and no.it is his favorite but also if you look at him when he strikes, he swings his blaster down onto the enemy

Oh, that's what you meant. It might not be of any use to this because it would only look right if his hands were placed so it would look like he's holding a lightsaber, not a DC-17m blaster.

well you are halfway there because you can find a lightsaber on the prosticutor on the mission, alone. at teh barricade before the you find the first trando elite, look to the right and crawl into the vent and look at teh clone body on the right......

speaking of weapons, im making a super ammo and rate of fire mod, intrested?

Merged double posts. Please use the 'edit' button instead of double posting in future :) - Astor.

Okay' date=' I'll check out the UnrealEd. Is it a downloadable tool? Or does it actually come with the game?[/quote']

It comes with the game. If you installed the game to the default directory, then it should be here: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Republic Commando\GameData\System

The file called UnrealEd.exe is Unreal Editor.

no, but still.......maybe you could take a blastter projectile mesh and turn the texture green, then mount it on top?

A blaster bolt would be a bit too short to be a lightsaber, it would have to be longer. Also, it wouldn't necessarily need to be a green lightsaber. I actually was thinking that it would be a different color, depending on where you found it. For example, the one on the Republic side would be blue, whereas the Trando one would be red.

Merged double posts. Please use the 'edit' button in future - Astor.

Well I found the UnrealEd.exe, and clicked it. But I can't use it.

The computer I use to mod is one of my dad's work laptops, and its owned by the company he works for. And those chakaaryc's have something that prevents me from using the UnrealEd. I could reinstall RC on this comp, but I wouldn't be able to test the mods once they were made. This comp might not even be able to run the UnrealEd.

I need a Macintosh.:(

Well I found the UnrealEd.exe, and clicked it. But I can't use it.

The computer I use to mod is one of my dad's work laptops, and its owned by the company he works for. And those chakaaryc's have something that prevents me from using the UnrealEd. I could reinstall RC on this comp, but I wouldn't be able to test the mods once they were made. This comp might not even be able to run the UnrealEd.

I need a Macintosh.:(

im not sure if that would fix the problem (re -installing)

and to Gamma: i just used green as an example, we could make it green on kyyssk, red on the Prostecutor and yellow on Geonosis, or somthing like that....:raise:

im not sure if that would fix the problem (re -installing)

and to Gamma: i just used green as an example, we could make it green on kyyssk, red on the Prostecutor and yellow on Geonosis, or somthing like that....:raise:

Maybe your fighting with Jedi on some parts of the campaign and the Jedi dies so you can take their lightsaber and use it. But that wouldn't make much sense because one would think that a Jedi would last longer in battle then a clone commando. And for multiplayer you just see the lightsaber on the ground and you can take it.

I just thought of something, if Boss is the only one who will be using the saber, then we might not have to do to many animations after all.

Just some camera movements and the blade swinging and it could work.

It wouldn't look good if you were using the third person cheat, but then again, what does?

I just thought of something, if Boss is the only one who will be using the saber, then we might not have to do to many animations after all.

Just some camera movements and the blade swinging and it could work.

It wouldn't look good if you were using the third person cheat, but then again, what does?

That is true, but I was originally thinking that it would be in multiplayer and singleplayer. We would just need a few third person animations for multiplayer and a HUD view of the lightsaber that would be used for multiplayer and singleplayer.

By the way, with Unreal Editor, I took the lightsaber static mesh and put it in the Animation Browser on a clone trooper so it would look like he's holding a lightsaber. Only a few frames of a couple animations looked right, though.

Archived