Home

[solved] the "transformation into Indy" easter egg in SoMI demo

Marzhin

Hi people,

I'm currently researching some "secrets" of the Monkey Island game series. One of them is listed on the Scummbar website as follows :

"Somebody has been watching Indiana Jones. In the demo of MI1 you can pick this up, and be transformed into Indy." [referring to the chalice in the Voodoo Lady's shack]

chalice.gif

I found two demos of SoMI : the DOS EGA one, and the AMIGA one. When I try to pick up or even push the chalice to trigger the easter egg, in one of the version Guybrush says the same line as in the final game ("I don't want to touch this creepy voodoo stuff" or something like this), and in the other one (I think it is the EGA version) he says "No, I might choose poorly" (a line from Indy and the Last Crusade). In both cases, no transformation into Indy happen.

On the other hand, I found a poor quality screenshot of the actual transformation-into-Indy thing :

m1indy41.gif

From the graphics, it seems to be from the EGA demo.

So my question : does anyone know how exactly I must proceed to trigger this particular easter egg ? Must I do something in the demo first ?

Many thanks to whoever can help me with this :)

edit : OK, someone sent me the answer :) That was quick :D

For those interested, it turns out this easter egg can only be found in the Passport for Adventure demo pack, and not in the other versions of the SoMI demo.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived