Home

How do you start Atton's Romance?

Iyari

Does Atton even HAVE a romance quest?

I've just obtained Mira AND became a Jedi Master, and yet Atton still has the same Pazaac dialogues, though I've seen him speaking with Bao-Dur about a sort of 'interest' in the PC.

Even dialogue with Mira hints at something..

But wait, in that dialogue, was that either a 'gain-everything or lose-it-all' in relation to Atton? Like Jade Empire? I mean, I didn't see anything that said the PC had feelings for him, so I don't think I damaged my chances...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Does Atton even HAVE a romance quest?

I've just obtained Mira AND became a Jedi Master, and yet Atton still has the same Pazaac dialogues, though I've seen him speaking with Bao-Dur about a sort of 'interest' in the PC.

Even dialogue with Mira hints at something..

But wait, in that dialogue, was that either a 'gain-everything or lose-it-all' in relation to Atton? Like Jade Empire? I mean, I didn't see anything that said the PC had feelings for him, so I don't think I damaged my chances...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

As far as the vanilla game goes, most of the romances in TSL are either dead ends(they just aren't interested in you - Mira, for instance), or the portion of it that is at the ending is part of the cut content. Atton's namely, since he had a major event near the end of the game, that would make or break the romance. Other than that, I don't think he really has any lines that would spur on the relationship, as it seems that Obsidian wanted a bit more of a direct approach to the romances, unlike K1. (Since in K1, one wrong dialogue option, and you aren't getting to the scenes that you are likely after) With Atton, it seems that his attraction to the Exile, both through the bond and through his contact with her, it isn't something he is willing to just walk away from. At least not in the "never-see-her-again" sort of sense.

Interesting. Is this regarding the bit where he...

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dies in the Exile's arms? Or was that cut content?

And also, you mentioned 'Vanilla'. Can you recommend a good modification? I know that there are a lot of them. But if you use them, which would you suggest?

Thanks!

Interesting. Is this regarding the bit where he...

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dies in the Exile's arms? Or was that cut content?

And also, you mentioned 'Vanilla'. Can you recommend a good modification? I know that there are a lot of them. But if you use them, which would you suggest?

Thanks!

Yes, the part where Atton would die in her arms just after the Exile found him after he and Sion fought is part of the cut content. From what I gather(from all the things I've read of it, and the restoration efforts, mainly the ones that are restoring a lot of things from the game), the Sion vs Atton fight isn't a cut-scene, but played sequence like the Mira vs Hanharr fight. The outcome, however, unlike the Mira vs Hanharr fight(which if Mira dies it must be done over again, since otherwise it wouldn't make sense), would decide whether Atton would die when the Exile found him, or if he would leave with her if she left Malachor.

I think the only mod I think might restore these sequences with Atton would either be Team Gizka's long standing efforts(which even as I can praise those working on that - um, five years and they aren't done?), or the restoration that is being done by a few of the users here at Lucasforums. http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=199163

Terribly sorry about that, lol. Still getting used to the different names of the forums.

and thanks to you, Rtas, for the information. LOL..

It's quite interesting, actually. Bioware makes some of the most melancholic and depressing games that I've ever played. LOL.. (Jade Empire is a perfect example, not really sad, just over-the-top melancholic.. I don't like when the party character 'go their own way' after the events in the game.. Lol. Naturally, I'm aware that they can't ALL be together forever, right, but it's still pretty sad.)

Agreed? :p

Terribly sorry about that, lol. Still getting used to the different names of the forums.

and thanks to you, Rtas, for the information. LOL..

It's quite interesting, actually. Bioware makes some of the most melancholic and depressing games that I've ever played. LOL.. (Jade Empire is a perfect example, not really sad, just over-the-top melancholic.. I don't like when the party character 'go their own way' after the events in the game.. Lol. Naturally, I'm aware that they can't ALL be together forever, right, but it's still pretty sad.)

Agreed? :p

Yes, but scenes like this one are their to tug at player's emotions, even if they aren't seriously "pulled into the game". But as it is, if the Sion vs Atton scene is a played sequence, considering how most people play the game - how and why would we lose it? There is only one way - If we wanted to see the "I just died in your arms tonight" ending.

Oh, and even though BioWare did make K1, it was Obsidian Ent. that created TSL.

Meh. Gaider mentioned that, if he had his way, the (cut) third ending would have been canon. That's the "opera ending" where DSF!Revan takes Carth's plea to heart, turns on Bastila, and Everybody Dies.

Even in my own games, I can only prevent Bastila from suicide by saber brawl about half the time.

I think a lot of fanfic writers, when it comes to K1, don't bother with everyone going their own way. In fact, the only way the Ravager sequence made sense to me was chalking it up to Carth and Canderous still being in clandestine communication with each other.

Archived