Home

Dialog scripting

Canderis

TSL:

For this mod I am working on I want to talk to the a placable (I put a start dialog script in the onuse script slot in the placable's utp file) and then after the dialog is finished to spawn 3 npcs (working). After you kill them you talk to the placable again and it should play a new line. StarAdmiral gave me this script:

int StartingConditional() {
  if( GetIsDead( GetObjectByTag( "n_dt" ) ) && GetIsDead( GetObjectByTag( "n_dn" ) ) && GetIsDead( GetObjectByTag( "n_ds" ) ) )
     return TRUE;
  return FALSE;
}

I have this compiled and put in the first conditional slot. But when I talk to the placable again after they are dead, the placable plays the first dialog option again. What can I do to fix this?

put this in the first dialog(one they are alive)

if( !GetIsDead( GetObjectByTag( "n_dt" ) ) && !GetIsDead( GetObjectByTag( "n_dn" ) ) && !GetIsDead( GetObjectByTag( "n_ds" ) ) )
     return TRUE;
  return FALSE;
}

should be good

Nirran

put this in the first dialog(one they are alive)

if( !GetIsDead( GetObjectByTag( "n_dt" ) ) && !GetIsDead( GetObjectByTag( "n_dn" ) ) && !GetIsDead( GetObjectByTag( "n_ds" ) ) )
     return TRUE;
  return FALSE;
}

should be good

Nirran

Conditional slot?

The first dialog node should be the dialog that fires after the NPCs are dead. Use this script in the conditional slot:

if( GetIsDead( GetObjectByTag( "n_dt" ) ) && 
      GetIsDead( GetObjectByTag( "n_dn" ) ) && 
      GetIsDead( GetObjectByTag( "n_ds" ) ) &&
      GetLocalBoolean( OBJECT_SELF, 40 ) )
     return TRUE;
  return FALSE;
}

Add SetLocalBoolean( OBJECT_SELF, 40, TRUE ); to the last line of the NPC spawning script.

- Star Admiral

Archived