Home

The same model for every class?

Alexrd

"Keep the same model for every class"? You mean make the models for every class the same? Yes, it's possible. You port the REP side and just edit the ODF file.

GeometryName = "rep_inf_whatever.msh"

Then, just Munge the map and replace the game's rep.lvl with the one from your map.

Sorry being a noob on modding BF. I only have experience on JKA files. Could you explain me a little better these two parts?

You port the REP side and just edit the ODF file.

Then, just Munge the map and replace the game's rep.lvl with the one from your map.

Wait, but this will only work on my map? Can't it work on the game maps? (i.e.: Instant Action)

Thanks for the help. ;)

EDIT: I think I didn't explain to much. What I wan't, is for example: Use the Clone Commander model and replace it for the Clone trooper, Clone heavy trooper, Clone Sharpshooter, and Clone Engineer models.

1) You can't just jump into modding and make a conversion mod like this. Read the documentation like Jedi Creation and Getting Started. Once you've done that, I won't be speaking gibberish.

2) From assets, copy the REP folder into data_ABC\Sides. In data_ABC\Sides\REP, change the ODF files for each unit that you want changed. For example, rep_inf_ep3trooper.odf. Change the line I posted above to the .msh you want. In this case, whatever is used for the Clone Commander. Once you're done making any changes, edit your ABCc_con.lua the way that it taught you in the documentation. Munge.

3) Copy the rep.lvl out of your mod maps directory (GameData\addon\ABC etc...) and into _LVL_PC\Sides. This'll put it in-game.

Archived