Home

Could It be done...

Epifire

I have seen some fairly old subjects lightly go over custom voice overs but say if I wanted to make my own Modded soldier unit, how would I record my own voice overs?

Like what type of settup would you need, I know right off hand you would need a good mic and so on but what programs, formatts, or sound cards would be adequet for the job?

Im thinking this would also include a budget as well, cause I mean if it takes a bit of effort for a company to make voice overs, how much more would it be for a single person to do at least half the job?

Now I'm not saying to build a giant sound studio in my basement, but to make a afordable work station to pull its own weight for recording.

It's a big venture but when you got to much time on your hands it does suffice.

Any inputt would be great. :)

If I'm not mistaken, the sound files for mods need to be in .wav format. You can get that by setting the sound on your computer to record any sound output.

If you're really serious about this, make a GameToast account and search around on those forums. They're a mine of information. Assuming that you already know most of the modding process, you'd only need to learn how to add your own custom sounds.

Archived