Home

TSL Textures

miro42

Hey all, I'm trying to get back into KOTOR modding and in the process of extracting the models and textures I couldn't find the textures for pfha02 under TSL. I've looked in tpa, tpb, and tpc and I don't see them anywhere. Can someone help me out?

Also, some of the black heads have three darkside transitions while the majority have two. Are they all used? I was thinking there were only two transitions in TSL.

There are also two player heads in both male and female under the h race. Do these belong somewhere or are they just place holders?

I think that's all the questions I have today.

Obsidian used some, but not all, of the K1 assets and forgot to delete these unused textures or models.

Hey all, I'm trying to get back into KOTOR modding and in the process of extracting the models and textures I couldn't find the textures for pfha02 under TSL. I've looked in tpa, tpb, and tpc and I don't see them anywhere. Can someone help me out?

Obsidian kept the K1 model for PFHA02, but not the texture. You can use N_JanaLorsoH.tga or N_comm_a_F.tga instead. If you check out my Revenge of Revan playable female heads video, you'll see that I made one of the Chiss with these assets.

Also, some of the black heads have three darkside transitions while the majority have two. Are they all used? I was thinking there were only two transitions in TSL.

some of those extra textures are for K1 head models. For example, PFHB02d2 is for the TSL model, but PFHB02d3 is for the K1 model. The face will work, but the eyes, ears, and hair are all mis-matched to the TSL model's uvw map.

There are also two player heads in both male and female under the h race. Do these belong somewhere or are they just place holders?

I think that's all the questions I have today.

Those are the Hispanic heads. When you start a new game, they'll be at the end of the list after the Caucasians. Most modded heads will come after these ones. The cool thing about them (from a modding stand point) is that the males' uvw maps are so similar, you can almost swap the textures (the hair and ear are slightly different). The females are pretty close too (except for the hair, ears, and tongue).

Thanks, redrob. I didn't even think about hispanic, probably because I couldn't distinguish from the caucasian. Oh well.

But what about the DS transitions for pfha02? I'm guessing that I can't just jack the ones from K1, yes?

Thanks, redrob. I didn't even think about hispanic, probably because I couldn't distinguish from the caucasian. Oh well.

But what about the DS transitions for pfha02? I'm guessing that I can't just jack the ones from K1, yes?

Seeing as the textures are different, I don't think its the best idea. While changing the eyes will be easy(even nabbing them from one of the other heads in TSL), its the veins that will be slightly difficult. I don't really know a method to add those to a head, at least not how BioWare or Obsidian did. That is, unless you don't want those, which eliminates that problem.

No.

You'll have to draw them yourself, or cut selections out of the other asian female heads and splice 'em together. That's one of the reasons why I haven't done the DS transitions for my RoR heads yet. That's a lot of work ahead of me. You only have one to work on, so it shouldn't be too hard.

I don't get it. How are the textures not there? There are DS transitions for it in the game, right? So doesn't Kotor Tool just take what's in the game and extract it? Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about. Programming is definitely not my strong suit.

Anyhoo, I'm not too worried as I hate the whole idea of DS transitions. It's a ridiculous idea that you can see evil. A good deal of evil stuff is perceived as good, that's why it's evil. As the great Frodo Baggins said about the servants of Saruon, "I think one of his spies would - well, seem fairer and feel fouler..."Stupid, stupid prequels ruined everything. So, thanks Rtas Vadum. I was going to attempt DS transitions then you made me remember that I mod for myself, not for what other people want.

WOOT! This was my one-hundredth post!

I don't get it. How are the textures not there? There are DS transitions for it in the game, right? So doesn't Kotor Tool just take what's in the game and extract it? Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about. Programming is definitely not my strong suit.

Anyhoo, I'm not too worried as I hate the whole idea of DS transitions. It's a ridiculous idea that you can see evil. A good deal of evil stuff is perceived as good, that's why it's evil. As the great Frodo Baggins said about the servants of Saruon, "I think one of his spies would - well, seem fairer and feel fouler..."Stupid, stupid prequels ruined everything. So, thanks Rtas Vadum. I was going to attempt DS transitions then you made me remember that I mod for myself, not for what other people want.

Well, that is what KT does, but if something isn't within the files for either game, it can't extract it. And I'd imagine that there were some things Obsidian knew they were going to replace, or just not use.

As to "showing evil", its mostly a visual mechanic of game and movies, as being "evil" doesn't exactly mean your eyes change or your skin gets deathly pale(meaning in real life). Makes it obvious who the enemy is, or who is on what side. Its something I like myself(maybe not exactly the veins, but I don't mind it), but I don't take it to far either. Most I go for with my own reskins is having the eye color change, the skin, lips, and hair. Maybe tattoos, but since the textures get mirrored, I usually don't use them, unless its for some other purpose(such as for Mira's default clothing, and her dancer outfit). But if you just want the eyes to change, or just some other small detail, go for it. After all, it is your work first. :)

I don't get it. How are the textures not there? There are DS transitions for it in the game, right?

That's because most of the K1 heads that made it into TSL were used as NPCs, not playable. For example, Luxa is easy to see she was one of the Asian heads (A01), but Daraala was modified from one of the Caucasians (C01), Taepalae was A05, and Lonna Vash was A04 (I think that's who became what :D). As I said earlier, A02 was used for Jana Lorso and a commoner. Because they are all NPCs, there's no need for DS transitions (they'd just take up space on the disk).

Oh wow, okay I think I get it. PFHA02 is just the name of the head model. It's not an option during character generation, it's just lazy devs not renaming the NPCs. Gotcha....That is what you guys are saying, yes?

Archived