Home

Movie Discussion

MrHarper

I haven't watched that many films recently... the last one I saw at the cinema was Morris: A Life with Bells On (

) and that was at my village town hall. It was good, but I'd only recomend it for people really interested in Morris dancing or English culture (and it's a part piss take, part celebration, of both)

The last film I watched on DVD was Princess Mononoke (

). I liked it, but did not enjoy it as much as other Ghibli films. However, thinking back to it later, it seems to have been a very astonishing film, and I am sure that my apreciation of it will grow even greater over time. I recently did some reasding of Celtic mythology which talked about the sacred importance of pigs, dear, and wolves... very fitting for Mononoke, though pressumably that film is based on Japanese mythology rather than Celtic.

Downfall does look good. Maybe I'll see it one day as well.

You really have to see this film.

Excellent pick for Downfall. Great movie. People constantly complained on various websites that the movie "humanizes" Hitler, but I think that's what made it so brilliant because few movies dare to make him anything but a satanic lunatic...but this movie really makes all of it (WWII, Holocaust, etc.) that happened even more frightening...because he WAS human.

Good pick.

Archived