Home

Graphics problem in GF

Innuendo

Hey everyone,

I'm a GF fan from Poland. I played the game a few years ago and now wanted to revisit it. Sadly, some strange graphics problems occurred. In particular, Manny and other characters are blurred in a weird way. Here's a screen:

http://i48.tinypic.com/90onie.jpg

I have Windows XP and downloaded the GF patch, but it did not help. I also tried to reinstall the drivers for my GeForce 8600 GT, but despite several attempts it all went to nothing. I tried to do something in the Options menu as well, but turning 3D hardware acceleration on/off was fruitless, too.

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem? I'd really love to try Grim Fandango once again, but with such graphics any fun would be gone :(

You might want to check out the Glottis's Garage subforum. In fact, there's a sticky topic about running GF in XP that you should probably read through, and the Nvidia one and the DirectDraw one, too, probably. One of the mods should be moving this topic to the Garage any time now.

Thanks for the help, didn't notice the technical help subforum. Still, a quick perusal of the Nvidia-related topic didn't help me find a solution, I just figured that lots of other people have the same problem and no one knows how to get rid of it. That is really annoying, would be so nice to play GF and hear all those great dialogues again...

Archived