Home

[KOTOR]Head problem

reivzje

Ok i got a slight problem here. I am working on a little mod to make Juhani look like a human. But looks like even the easiest task is hard for a beginner like me.

kotor0000b.jpg

This problem is so frustrating. Is it because i used only MDLops to rename the texture in the PFHC03-ascii.mdl ? Or something else ?

DisableVertexBufferObjects=1 is already added to swkotor.ini but i will try dak's solution :)

EDIT: Another question where do i actually uncheck those boxes in "_g" because i am using the renamer and not the replacer (Yes i know quite a lame question)

Before I can really help I need you to answer a couple questions (haha I feel like a psychiatrist):

Did you model the head (move vertices around)?

Are you trying to re-name the texture so that only Juhani uses it and not the head pfhc03?

Ok so you should have your texture file, your mdl, and mdx. Open the .mdl in a hex editor (just get hex workshop, it's free) and replace all instances of pfhc03 to whatever you want the texture name to be - just make sure your new texture has the same number of characters as pfhc03, so I would probably just name it juhani. Then save your mdl and put it in your override with everything else - name your tga "juhani" like you named it in your hex editor.

This sounds really daunting and I shied away from this when people told me I needed to hex edit but it's really easy.

Archived