Home

A Whole New Item

skateordie808

EDIT: I am an idiot, I posted this in modding requests, extremely sorry... Moved to Holowan -- j7

Hey all, I've recently been getting into modding Kotor mostly just changing around models and skins and fooling around, and I have a question about making a totally new item.

I've been changing around the model of a classic blaster rifle and successfully got it into the game, BUT I cant seem to get a totally new item where only that rifle is using the new model and the regular rifles are still using the original.

I messed around with the model, exported it, read and wrote it with mdlops, changed a .uti and extracted it, and renamed them all to w_blstrrfl_088 but when I place them in the override the model does not change any of the blaster rifles or the one I want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Well, it depends on how you name the mdl/mdx files first. It has to be identical to other filenames, though its number doesn't have to be. If the model you want is a blaster, you can set it to the "Blaster Rifle" baseitem(in the dropdown box - if it isn't already), and thus it would have to be named such as "w_blstrrfl_88.mdl/.mdx"(which you already know). You'd also need to have the "Model Variation" set to 88, just like the model files.

Okay,

Which drop down box are you referring to?

and

Where would i set the "Model Variation" to 88

Sorry, I'm kind of new to this

You'd have to open the uti file with Kotor Tool(going to File->Open Gff files). Which opens the item editor, and there you'll find what you need to edit. Oh, and something I forgot - you also need to change both the Template ResRef and Tag boxes to what you used for the uti itself.

Also, you'll need a icon for the item. Simply name that tga "iw_blstrrfl_88". Otherwise, you'll just get a white box. Its not as needed, though it is easy to make(just taking a screenshot in your modeling program and cropping that down is fine).

Archived