Home

Help With Global and Local Booleans and Numbers

capnnerefir

I'm making another attempt at modding and ran into one of the problems that always halted me the other times I tried anything complicated at all: local and global numbers and booleans. Specifically, I've got no idea how to set the numbers and booleans. I've tried drawing on some other sources (decompiled scripts, nwscript.nss, etc.) and while I can make a little progress, I still don't know what it is that I'm doing.

For one thing, I don't exactly know what the difference between local and global numbers and booleans are, and I don't know when to use which. Mostly, though, I'm not sure how to get them doing what I need them to do.

Example:

I want to set a local (or global) boolean to determine whether a certain NPC has been spoken to. I also want to set a local (or global) number to determine which branches of dialog should be available.

So, I'd like to know how to set global and local numbers and booleans. A generic example would be nice

EDIT: After further research (which I thought I did earlier but apparently did not), I've found that most of my questions were answered and explained in this thread: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=168655&highlight=local+numbers

That pretty much makes this irrelevant. It might be best if a moderator deletes it at their convenience, though if anyone still feels like answering the question for hte clarification of others, you're more than welcomed to do so.

If you find that globals and booleans are giving you issues you could just add jrl entries to the gobal jrl and do checks on then and give them out using a script.

If you don't want to see the jrl entry just palce them as completes quests so they will not fill up your existing active quest jrl.

Archived