Home

Sign my Brutal Legend 2 petition!

RichardWolf

• 4 weeks later...

Brutal Legend 2 must be made. I cant realize why EA wont let double fine productions made that sequal. I mean, almost every game magasin ive read this past year rated it 9/10 , 10/10 etc. Wtf is wrong with EA? they have to listen to there fans/consuments if they want to keep selling their games, im i right? So why wont they let Double Fine made the sequal? strange.... :S...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As much as I would love to see a sequel made, it's not gonna happen, at least not under the current conditions, and signing a petition isn't going to change that. Despite the rabid and loyal fan base Brutal Legend has (I like to include myself in this), it just doesn't have the numbers to back up statements like "the game is up there with Mass Effect and Call of Duty." That's simply not true, unfortunately. Mass Effect gets amazing reviews and sells far more (which I've never quite understood, I thought the first game at least was absolute crap and I haven't played the second one), and Call of Duty, jeez, don't get me started. Those games stopped being entertaining several years ago, but people buy them because they've expanded beyond just gamers, it's like a social activity now.

Now compare this to Brutal Legend-- several months after being released, the multiplayer went DEAD. Or at least for me, because I can't tell you how long I stood there waiting for a match. On top of that, it didn't sell particularly well, and the reviews, actually, were not 9-10/10, they were generally between 70-80%.

Look, my point is this-- I would love to see a sequel made. I would finance it myself if I could. I would sell organs to see this game made. Provided I got some creative input. But it's probably not gonna happen. You want to make your chances at least slightly better? Tim Schafer's got a Facebook page, go and let him know how much you loved his game and that you back it. Otherwise, it'll be a long time before we ever see a sequel, and to be honest, that sucks.

• 1 month later...

Oh YOU made that video..... yeah i already signed it and everything! Brutal Legend is byfar my favorite video game because im such a metalhead. I wanna be a character in the game... it'd be SOOO AWESOME lol i sound like a little kid haha.... but yeah they should have some kind of contest early in development and whoever wins gets a spot as a character in the game.....

On top of that, it didn't sell particularly well, and the reviews, actually, were not 9-10/10, they were generally between 70-80%.

Sorry for the correction but the ratings actually were 9-10/10. The lowest rating the game got was an 8.5. Believe me, i'm the uber fan of this game..... i know everything AND I MEAN EVERYTHING about it. Go ahead ask me if you dont believe me......(Not trying to sound mean or offensive in any way.)

:tommys::fire2:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived