Home

Carth romance and Dustil sidequest

Heka

I have a questions regarding the Carth romance in kotor 1. I've found the 3rd starmap (including dantooin), but according to this guide I've not had all the conversations I'm supposed to yet. I've tried speaking to Carth multiple times, but after I heard about Dustil being alive, he refuse to talk about anything else. Have I accidentally ended the romance or will it continue eventually? And do I have to find Dustil before it continues?

I met Jordo at the Jedi Enclave after finding the second star map.

I'd prefer to do the planets in the recommended order (tatooine, kashyyyk, manaan, korriban), but I dont wanna risk losing the romance sidequest someplace along the way,

I have a save file from tatooine sometime before acquiring the second map. Would it be best to play it safe and load from there?

And thank you for answering :)

Well, if you haven't gone after the 4th and 5th maps yet, just keep looking to level up and talk to Carth before getting that 4th map. Otherwise, just go back to the point where you've met Jordo (if you've got a save between your 2nd/3rd maps....no point repeating more than you can avoid) and then resolve Dustil situation before getting the 3rd map (if you went back to earlier save) or 4th map at your current point. Been a bit since I played it through, but if the guide is right about overall timing of conversations, just make sure that you get in the required exchanges between "you" and Carth before the 4th map. Until you resolve Dustil, Carth won't discuss anything else with you. Oh, and remember to save pretty often so you don't find yourself having to go back far b/c your game crashed or you missed something along the way. Less frustration that way.

• 2 months later...

I have a problem similar to this one. I have played KOTOR through before and done the Carth romance, I used the Carth romance mod and had no problems with it.

I've been playing the game through again recently and have been following the same guide as the OP. I have reached conversation 10 BEFORE getting the fourth star map. I then picked up the fourth star map. However I am now trying to talk to Carth after getting it (and before getting captured by the Leviathan) and he isn't saying anything. It's been a long while since I played the game the first time so I have mostly forgotten if this is normal.

Am I supposed to do the Leviathan level before I can get conversation 11 + 12? Because at the moment Carth isn't saying anything more to me after getting the fourth map, and I definetly reached conversation 10 before doing so.

Any pointers would be appreciated, I hope there isn't something wrong with my game.

EDIT - I have done Dustil's quest.

Archived