Home

So Close to New Weapons without the Emitter!!!

TheCrusher347

Hey everyone,

If you don't already know, me and some other people are creating the RCII New Commando mod. I have found a way to make new weapons and animations without having like the weapon as a emitter in the notify or whatever. I created a .ukx in UT2004 since the .psk import in RC doesn't work, and when i try to open the .ukx in the RC Editor, it crashes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

TheCrusher347

You can't because it's not the same game. Ok it's approximatly the same engine but the same game and not exactly the same engine too. Even if you try to import them from Ut99 or UT2003 it will not work. Only thing you can do is to convert static mesh by converting them into brush and export them as .t3d. It's the only thing you can do. Lucasarts is really vicious, they don't want anybody can make a better game than them :)

U can use textures if you export them . Right click, export as. And you can export Static Mesh by converting them to brush. Right click, convert to, brush. Then suppress the static mesh just let the brush. Left click on it. And in then files (extrem left in the tool), export as .t3d. And then import the .t3d files in RC. I try once and i don't remember but there was a failure with the uv's of the textures so it has not work like I expected.

Conclusion: Unreal Editor (Rc version) sucks and you can't import anything except .psk with no animations and you can't even add animations to them or it will fail (like if you try to put Battledroid anims to Grievous for exemple)

The only thing you can do is to import .psk from other Unreal Engine Game like I did for my mod. For exemple, Bulletstorm, Borderlands, Turok, etc... It's the only thing you can do and when you imported a .psk in Unreal Editor you can convert it as static mesh :)

It's the only thing you can do I think.

Sorry for this long thing but it's 3:27 am in France and i'm really tired right now x)

Archived