Home

3 questions about using the kotor tool.

Warrior Master

Hi there! I have some questions about the "kotor tool"; this is the first time I use it, so I´m quite inexpert, and there are a few things I don´t understand. I was fed up of seeing the Jedi padawan/knight/master robes of the KotOR 1 are just a little more than common robes, I wanted to make them better, with better stats, so I have altered all of them, and I have added a definition in my language (Spanish, neutral/Masculine); I have also altered some mods (overall for making the explanation visible). And I have made a more powerful robe for my character, and when I was seeing what properties to add, I have seen some extra characteristics: "Alteration" and "Control" (+2 for Alteration and Control Force powers), and "Perceptive"; and what I would like to know is:

- Do these 3 characteristics work in the KotOR 1 or they are just for the KotOR 2?

- In case they work in KotOR 1, do these properties add +2 to the +4 of the Mastery of the Force (Jedi Consular)? They don´t replace each other, right? They are +6 in the respective Force powers, aren´t they?

- I have increased/altered all the jedi robes (originals and mods), and now I have problems when I use the "kse 3.3.3", when I open a new savegame after installing these mods, they appear 2 error windows, but I can save the game, and later, when I load the save in the game, my character changes the jedi robe he was wearing for the clothes for default.

I mean I don´t understand why I´m having problems (I have none with the older savegames, maybe because they have the old files), so I suppose the problem are the new robes and the items I have modified, but I don´t know why; I have problems even when my character has nothing, at the beginning of the game.

The Error windows are:

Error ocurred

Error msg: Cant use string ("50000") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 4148.

Details of Error

main::Populate_Journal at kotor:savegame_editr3.3.3.pl line 4148

main::What a kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 862

Tk::Widget::Callback at /PerlApp/Tk/Widget.pm line 1079

Tk::Tree::IndicatorCmd at /PerlApp/Tk/Tree.pm line 77

Tk::Widget::Callback at /PerlApp/Tk/Widget.pm line 1080

Tk::HList::ButtonRelease1 at /PerlApp/Tk/HList.pm line 282

Tk::HList::ButtonRelease_1 at /PerlApp/Tk/HList.pm line 98

<ButtonRelease-1>

(command bound to event)

So, can you help me with these 3 questions?

Thanks.

Archived