Home

How Can I change the Character Creation/Class Selection?

DeltaVenom

Ok, so the party part of my mod is done, only one thing remains -- The PLayer.

When you select if you want to be Male/female soldier/scout/scoundrel, obviously, theres one specie - Human. Now, how could I change this? I've seen a Chiss one (but i know thats a new skin, not reusing a model, which i am doing), so I know it has to be possible to an extent. If it's in Kotor Tool/Creature Editor, what file(s) am I looking for?

Oh, and this may be helpful: Say, i want this choice to be Wookiee, theres WookieeM1 (something like that) and WookieeM2, WookieeF1, etc..How would i do it so this would be how it works, and would this be in regular Class Selection, or Portrait? If at all possible, I'd like to disable portrait and give a portrait (made by me, not yet <_<) of the, example, Wookiee head, depending on the class... Because, if I have to select a portrait, it'd get reeaaally glitchy, im betting.

Hi DeltaVenom, welcome to the forums :D

luckily for you, these questions have been answered many times, and by many different modders here. This is a good time to make full use of the search tool, and I'll point you to a few helpful threads to get started.

At the top of the Holowan Laboratories page (above the threads) there is a list of tutorial pages. For adding new heads, I'd suggest looking in the Tutorials: .2da Editing pages. For what it sounds like you want to accomplish (adding a new playable alien and portrait, right?), you'll want to pay attention to threads dealing with heads.2da, appearance.2da and portraits.2da.

Another good place for starter info is the Tutorials: General Tutorials + Tools page, in particular the four threads that have been stickied to the top of the list.

For an example of how to get playable Wookiees into K1, check out my list of Completed Mods, which has several playable aliens, including Wookiees.

Once you've had a chance to look through several tutorials, and you've tried playing around with them, you can always ask specific questions. Don't forget to specify if you are modding K1 or TSL, because there are some slightly different ways of going about things in each of the games (for example; Hex editing models is more important in K1 than TSL).

Anyway, good luck, and don't forget the search tool :)

RedRob talks sense, your best bet is to familiarize yourself with the workings of appearance.2da and heads.2da. As for actually making the head, the process will vary slightly depending on what species your going to, like are you going to reskin for a chiss or use a new model for a wookie or selkath. Make sure you're clear on that before you start.

This tutorial seems like what you're looking for: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149992

Ok sweet thanks, I tried searching for HOW to put a portrait in there, but nothing, the ackbar had did have some but it required a specific thing for the tutorial, so it would just screw me up with confusion xD. So everything is set its just the portrait in place.

Archived