Home

Advanced Scripting and Modding

NumberWan

Hello there!

I have some questions regarding scripting and some more. I put it under tutelage "Advanced", as reskinning, adding new objects and characters is probably the first step and it was talked over and over again on many forums, including this one. I have different stuff here to discuss.

If I create a new skin, then I should change appearances.2da, as far as I remember. Does it mean, that in order for other players to see my mod with a skin, then they will have to put it to Override and if they had such a file for other mods installed previously, then there will be a conflict between different mods? Am I correct?

I tried to find the answer to the next question regarding the 'only once' script. How do I make it in such a way, that after talk1 PC left the area, but later decided to come back and sees the same NPC at the same place, but this time the talk is different - because PC and NPC met before on this level, so... How do we do that? (the talk script changes)

One of the questions is whether it is possible to make my NPC (Twilek Male) have a mouth animation while he is talking. I must say, that I managed to add voice, but the lips don't move. Is it possible to change that? Should this one be in a script somewhere?

Thanks.

E.g. I hope I didn't spoil anything by creating a new thread, but most existing ones are about other issues and haven't been visited by people in some time. Should my thread be out of place - I would be more than happy to discuss my questions in a different thread.

1. You would need to use TSLPatcher to adapt to the appearance.2da rather than replace it. Replacing is bad.

2. Either not remove the actor but displace him. Or if you really need to remove the actor use globals or an external local (so not the actor itself) to store the current state of where the conversation should be.

Alternatively just use a different .utc for the NPC's new alteration with a different dialogue script applied to it.

3. Yes. However, not with scripting but with .lip files.

Oh, I must beg pardon, I didn't mention it, but I work with KOTOR2 TSL. Yes.

A friend of mine just told me about using TSL patcher, so I will. =) Thanks. The same about globals.

The .lip files - that's what I've been looking for, but couldn't find info on this aspect anywhere. I appreciate that.

BTW - does this apply to all the characters, e.g. Toydarian and Paerduag as well?

Regarding the NPC - I wanted to know more about spawning a character. I will have to use a trigger, right?

About Character skins - I saw a list of them, but is it possible to see them outside the game? I guess the only other way could be opening the archive and seeing the textures (and those would help distinguish Jedi apparel from Czerka uniform).

http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#de

And look for "LipSynchEditor". Afraid I don't know how to use it, I always had zbyl generate the .lip files.

Not all characters have lip sync. Most obvious exception being the droids.

No need to use a trigger. Modifying the onenter to spawn the character in is the most often used way to spawn new NPC's. Or you can trigger it through a script set in conversation. Many ways beside a trigger.

Skins, not that I know off no.

Archived