Home

HED

SDCC 2013 came and went recently, and as has become a trend one of the most exciting panels was the Marvel Studios panel.

640px-Avengers_Age_of_Ultron.jpg

The big announcement was that the sequel to the Avengers will be subtitled Age of Ultron. In addition, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are set to join the Avengers.

Personally, I'm excited. Thanos is cool and all, but to me he isn't much of an Avengers villain. Ultron is the quintessential enemy of the Avengers.

Marvel also showed off footage from Thor: the Dark World, Captain America: Winter Soldier, and surprisingly Guardians of the Galaxy.

GotG seems to be the riskiest film in Phase Two, with a cast lacking in superstars playing some very obscure characters. But I think that if James Gunn can pull it off, it could be the best superhero movie in a while.

I am still a bit iffy on Guardians of the Galaxy...I feel as if that would really take some stamina to pull off and still maintain critical success in the cinema atmosphere right now...then again, I look forward to being pleasantly surprised.

I think the fact that Thanos won't be the villain in Avengers 2 took the pressure off. They don't have to concern themselves with setting up another movie and can focus on making their movie more self-contained.

I think the fact that Thanos won't be the villain in Avengers 2 took the pressure off. They don't have to concern themselves with setting up another movie and can focus on making their movie more self-contained.

True, that definitely shifts up the playing field...there's still an element I think they're stretching a bit here though, if they continue following this line of plots, I'm sort've concerned they'll get into territory where there are simply too many heroes within the same universe....works in the comics, but I'm not sure we'll like the film result.

True, that definitely shifts up the playing field...there's still an element I think they're stretching a bit here though, if they continue following this line of plots, I'm sort've concerned they'll get into territory where there are simply too many heroes within the same universe....works in the comics, but I'm not sure we'll like the film result.

Well, I think the point of doing Guardians of the Galaxy is not only to expand the number of heroes, but the scope of the setting as well. So while there's a lot of heroes, they aren't all on Earth. You don't have the issues of why the Avengers don't respond to the threat because they don't know about it.

• 1 month later...

Archived